Monday, April 13, 2009

Rylan's First Easter

Rylan opened her Easter Basket at home when she first woke up. She was so excited. She fell twice because she was trying to run to her basket. It was sad. Once she got to it, she laughed every time she opened and egg with a "little people" friend inside.




We went to church with Grammy, Pops & Uncle Jimmy. Rylan was really good in church. She danced to the music. Most of the time she walked up and down the pew between all of us. When everyone gets together, she can't decide who she wants to be with the most....so she has to go back and forth. I brought her little toy purse along and she had to show the people behind us how she puts on her lipstick. After church, we went over to Grammy & Pops' house. The Easter Bunny also made a stop over there and left a basket for all of us. Uncle Jimmy was sad that the Easter Bunny didn't give him any laundry detergent in his basket.






Grammy had stuffed bunnies everywhere in the house. Rylan would get so happy when she found one.



Duane put out eggs for Rylan to go find. She had a great time. When she would find the egg, Duane would tell her to put it in the basket. She would throw it real hard into the basket. Hilarious!

I remember doing eggs every year with my Grandma, GaGa. She would fix the dye in muffin cups. So I did the same thing. It made it perfect for her to be able to dip the egg.
Notice the other hand doing the egg...well, that's Duane. He is holding his egg with the special little tongs that come with the kit. It's very important that he did not get his hands dyed. HAHA!


Here are the eggs she did. She colored them all herself. I put on the stickers. I thought she did a great job for a 1 year old.....of course, they were all broken. Oh well, we never eat them anyway.

I had to take a picture of this figurine. Yes, it is two drunk Armadillos. If you take a close look, you will notice the man armadillo has a Lone Star beer. If I am lucky enough, maybe one day I will inherit this FINE piece of art. This was a price posession to my parents when we were growing up. It had a special place on the bar for everyone to view it in all of its glory. When we were kids, Jimmy and I were playing and broke it. We were so SCARED we would be in so much trouble for destroying this valuable piece of work. I told Jimmy to go get the water colors and elmers glue. I used all the skills I had to piece it back together. We didn't tell our parents until we were grown up what we had done. We found this charished beauty at Easter and it is still looking as FINE as ever....that Elmers glue did a great job.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i think she really looks like jimmy in the easter picture with him. she does have his eyes in that picture. and nice art work. i'm sure my dad has something just as fancy to go with it. let's go to luckenbach, texas...